29/09/2012

Tutorial | Rib Cage Cut Out Vest


Remember this?

Here's what I used:
- An oversized T-Shirt 
- Pencil
- Sharp Scissors



And here's what I did:


1. Cut the sleeves off.


2. Draw a rib cage outline on the back of the T-Shirt in pencil.


3. Draw the lines where you are going to cut (about every 2cm down), making sure they match up on both sides.


4. Cut the horizontal lines.


5. Gently pull the strips of fabric so they curl over 
 The strings on the back seemed to form better after I washed it.


et voila

As you can see, it's pretty simple. 
Causes major bra strap issues though, any solutions?

-xo

7 comments:

  1. oooohh, this is SUCH a creative and funky idea! Great blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so easy. I always wanted one of those but seemed to edgy for me and now I might just try it. Love your blog :]
    B.

    http://www.snowwhiteinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It loos so gorgeous Kate, you´re really clever :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the bra problem I would just wear a tank under it (colored) and it would stand out more

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of tshirt did you use? where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used an old standard crew-neck- nothing special! I think it was my brother's so probably topman/ primark but i don't think it matters. X

      Delete
  6. wear a lace bandeau under the shirt will look cute and will hide your bra strap

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all your secrets...